Brendan Rodgers unaware of reports Tom Rogic has rejected Celtic deal

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chanoudom
Nowy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postautor: chanoudom » 24 lut 2018, 03:18

sbobet thai Brendan Rodgers says he is unaware of reports in the Australian media which indicate Tom Rogic has rejected a new contract at Celtic.

The Australian international, signed by Neil Lennon in 2013 from Central Coast Mariners, has 15 months remaining on the three-year contract extension he signed in August 2016 but is understood to be now considering his options.

Rogic, who came off the bench in Celtic's 3-0 defeat to Zenit St Petersburg on Thursday, is reported to be unimpressed by the terms of a proposed new deal and his lack of game time.

When asked about the news which came from the Australian publication The World Game, Rodgers told Sky Sports: "I am not aware of that to be honest. We have just arrived back from Russia.

"I know Tom and his representatives have been speaking with the club for a little bit of time but that [the reports] are the first I have heard about that." sbobet thai

Rogic was an integral member of Rodgers' invincible treble-winning side last season but has just returned last weekend from a two-month absence through a knee injury.

Rodgers, whose Celtic side travel to Pittodrie to face Aberdeen on Sunday, live on Sky Sports Football, is determined to keep hold of the midfielder and has described Rogic, who is expected to feature at the World Cup in Russia this summer, as a "joy to work with".

When asked about whether he wanted to keep hold of Rogic on a long-term basis, Rodgers said: "Definitely. Tom is a very important player for Celtic.

"He has been a joy to work with in my time here. He has been here for a considerable period of time but certainly in the 20 months I have been here he has been absolutely brilliant.

"Of course, at Celtic we want to keep our best players. It is not always easy because at times they will either want to move on or offers come in from clubs.
valkrin
Bujoholik

Re: Brendan Rodgers unaware of reports Tom Rogic has rejected Celtic deal

Postautor: valkrin » 21 cze 2018, 23:42

valkrin
Bujoholik

Re: Brendan Rodgers unaware of reports Tom Rogic has rejected Celtic deal

Postautor: valkrin » 16 wrz 2018, 09:58

chanoudom
Nowy

Charlie Nicholas' Europa League predictions: Arsenal and Chelsea to win

Postautor: chanoudom » 19 wrz 2018, 07:55

Charlie Nicholas' Europa League predictions: Arsenal and Chelsea to win

The opening round of the 2018/19 Europa League group stage takes place on Thursday, so who is Charlie Nicholas tipping to start with a win?​​ Four British teams are in action, with Arsenal hosting Ukraine's Vorskla Poltava and Chelsea travelling to Greece to face PAOK Salonika. Brendan Rodgers' Celtic are at home to Rosenborg and Steven Gerrard's Rangers, who had to beat four sides to qualify for the group stage, face a tough trip to La Liga side Villarreal. Former Arsenal and Celtic striker Charlie Nicholas gives his predictions for all four fixtures…

Villarreal v Rangers (Group G, 5.55pm kick-off)
Rangers are unconvincing. At home they are definitely improving under Steven Gerrard. A lot of people are unsure but I am convinced they are improving, it is just early stages for them. This competition was about getting in there and getting the money and their profile up.

Charlie predicts: Villarreal 2-0 Rangers ()
PAOK Salonika v Chelsea (Group L, 5.55pm kick-off)

Eden Hazard is carrying this Chelsea team at the moment and I think the manager's type of play is taking time to settle, but it is a very promising domestic start for them. Maurizio Sarri does like to rest players for different situations and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the game he says to Hazard, maxbet 'I'll give you a rest and give a few other players an opportunity'. I still think Chelsea are more than good enough to win this one.

Charlie predicts: PAOK 0-1 Chelsea () and Loftus-Cheek to score ()
Celtic v Rosenborg (Group B, 8pm kick-off)
At the moment Celtic aren't playing well, but at the same time they have already beaten Rosenborg in the qualifiers for the Champions League. Rosenborg had a half-decent result at the weekend as they beat Valerenga, while Celtic drew at St Mirren. Celtic aren't making a lot of chances at the moment which is frustrating for a lot of people, none more so than Brendan Rodgers. Being a Celtic man, I would play Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths together and go after Rosenborg and pin them in.

Charlie predicts: Celtic 2-0 Rosenborg () and both Griffiths and Edouard to score ()
Arsenal v Vorskla Poltava (Group E, 8pm kick-off)
I would expect Arsenal to be a bit like Chelsea; they will want to start the group well and with a win. I imagine there will be a lot of changes with the likes of Alex Iwobi and Henrikh Mkhitaryan coming in, so it will still be a strong enough team maxbet for me to expect Arsenal to win this. The way Arsenal play they don't do clean sheets, so I am going to go for a 2-1 win and Mkhitaryan to score first. When new teams come into the competition they get caught up in the emotions of it so I will also go with 60+ booking points. Charlie predicts: Arsenal 2-1 Vorskla and Henrikh Mkhitaryan to score first ()

Wróć do „Narzędzia do pisania”