Brendan Rodgers dismisses talk that Rangers have significantly closed the gap to his Celtic

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chanoudom
Nowy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brendan Rodgers dismisses talk that Rangers have significantly closed the gap to his Celtic

Postautor: chanoudom » 14 kwie 2018, 05:36

BRENDAN RODGERS can see with his own eyes that the Premiership points difference between Celtic and Rangers has come down this season.

Just don’t tell him the gap between his team and their great rivals is significantly smaller.

Can one be true and not the other? The Celtic manager believes so and presented evidence he felt suggested those who claim Rangers are on the up and now not far away from catching the Parkhead men might have to do a bit of rethinking.

The question put to Rodgers ahead of this weekend’s Scottish Cup semi-final was whether he felt that all those inside and outside Ibrox were right in their opinion, which has been voiced quite a bit, that Celtic are not as far ahead of the rest as they were a year ago. He was ready for it.

Rodgers said: “I have heard that since I have been up here. Every time we play Rangers, everyone talks about the gap. But we have played nine times (and not lost). You are not going to win every game 5-1. We won 2-0 in last year’s semi-final and we murdered them. It was 2-0. sbobet asian

“The week later we won 5-1 but we played better in the 2-0. I also equate it to Bayern Munich. We played them at home and played well but lost 2-1. It was a good game, a close game. I wouldn’t turn around and say we were much closer.

“Up here, you get the chance to play teams sometimes six times in a season. So you would think, just by nature, that at times you will become closer.

“But my only worry is Celtic and to try and create a new history at the club. This club has a wonderful history and what we wanted to do was use that as a motivation to create new history while we are here.

“In nearly two seasons now, we have been able to do that. We hope we can continue with that cycle, knowing that you are going to be challenged.

“You will be challenged by Rangers but equally you will also be challenged by Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Kilmarnock. They aren’t going to make it easy for you.

“I’ll never veer away from that. You can never become complacent. There’s a lot of talk of a gap and all this stuff but you’ve just got to focus on improving and being better yourself.” sbobet asian
valkrin
Bujoholik

Re: Brendan Rodgers dismisses talk that Rangers have significantly closed the gap to his Celtic

Postautor: valkrin » 27 cze 2018, 10:02

valkrin
Bujoholik

Re: Brendan Rodgers dismisses talk that Rangers have significantly closed the gap to his Celtic

Postautor: valkrin » 22 wrz 2018, 08:53

chanoudom
Nowy

Man Utd news: What Juventus players would be saying about Paul Pogba - pundit

Postautor: chanoudom » 08 lis 2018, 04:02

Man Utd news: What Juventus players would be saying about Paul Pogba - pundit

MANCHESTER UNITED ace Paul Pogba would have been the talk of the Juventus dressing room after the Champions League clash. That’s the view of pundit Tony Cascarino, who believes Juve stars would have been shocked by Paul Pogba. The Frenchman returned to his former club when United were 2-1 victors in Turin on Wednesday night.

Pogba was not at his stunning best, as has often been the case since he moved back to Manchester United in 2016. He didn’t celebrate United’s last minute winner, coming courtesy of an Alex Sandro own goal. But Cascarino believes Juventus would have been surprised by Pogba’s performance back on his old stomping ground.

Cascarino wrote in the Times: “When this game finished last night, and the Juventus players were talking to each other in the dressing room, they would all have said the same thing: ‘This is not the same Paul Pogba who used to play here. maxbet He is nowhere near the player we used to know.’ “It was not as though Pogba was disastrously bad last night, constantly losing the ball; it was more that he was simply playing within himself, happier to do a trick every now and again than to have an effect on the game.

“He was second best in almost every moment he was involved — though he made a nuisance of himself for the winner.” Pogba has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford amid rumoured falling outs with manager Jose Mourinho. And the midfielder did not rule out a move back to Juventus. maxbet When asked after the game whether a return to the reigning Serie A champions, Pogba said: “Who knows? I’m with United now. “There is so much talk about this, but am happy to be playing for Manchester United.

Wróć do „Dodatki”